Thursday, February 19, 2009

Celery

Today the snow was perfect for rolling...sticky and heavy, so we took advantage of the warm weather and made a "so-man". Estella wasn't really all that interested in going outside, but once the snowman was made, we couldn't convince her to go in.
A little help from daddy:
Estella turns two in less than two weeks...crazy! But even more crazy is the amount of work I still have to do on her play stove. We got a little bit of work done today during nap time and will have to continue to use nap time to finish it up for the next week or so. It's going to be really nice when it's done, and she's going to love it!

Some burner stencils cut out and ready for paint:
I also put a coat of paint on a secretary that I got last week. I've been very inspired by this blog lately. They take a lot of risks with color and I really like the end results, and I also wanted to do something bright and funky for the paint, just to make the piece fit more into our style. The color was so nice and fresh on the little 2x2 chip, but once it's on a huge piece of furniture...yuck!
Walter assures me that when there are more coats on it and the streaks are gone that I'll like it. It's basically the same color as our couch, so I figured I'd like it, but it may take some getting used to. Right now it looks like a giant piece of celery. Of course I felt skeptical about the couch in the beginning too, and now I love it. In the end, it's just paint, and I can always pick a different color if I end up really hating it...but I also really hate painting so hopefully I'll end up liking it...

Hope you all got to make some snowmen today and enjoy the warmer weather!

No comments: