Thursday, January 8, 2009

snowy snowy snow snow

Today would have been the perfect day to call a snow day, if I didn't already have off. It always seems that the days I'd have a good excuse to play hooky, are the days I don't have to. Oh well...
I still used the weather as and excuse to stay in all day and make cookies and sew.

Telling a two year old to have patience is sort of ridiculous, but I told her anyways. Luckily the cookies only took 15 minutes to bake. (Please excuse my very dirty oven!)
Yummy sesame cookies:
Maybe not your typical "cookie", but I'm a big sesame fan and Estella doesn't know that there's not actual sugar in them...I did splurge though and use actual butter :)
This is what my studio looks like when I want to work and Estella wants to play. I usually let her go to town and make a royal mess as long as she lets me get some work done. She was very well behaved today and entertained herself so that I was able to get a couple of hours of work done!
This part of the project had to be put on hold, I think my machine was keeping Estella up, and I'll definitely forfeit sewing so she can get some sleep...we're both happier for it!

I wish I had more exciting information to share, but I just don't. What can I say? I live the life of a mama...my life revolves around food and sleep schedules and the random project. I am however, obviously working on a project so maybe I'll have something new to share soon...

2 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

I am very interested to know the cookie recipe. . .
I know what you mean about living the life of a mama.

Kristy said...

What cookbook did you get that cookie recipe out of??? I was wondering if I have it or not.