Saturday, January 17, 2009

hey mr. postman

Usually the postman brings me bills and junk mail, but today he brought me presents!!

This print from dilkabear for Estella's room. (check out her shop to see the full print)
Also, some new craft books. I'm a sucker for a good craft book and in a moment of weakness the other night, I ordered three! My excuse is that I'm planning to do a handmade and local Christmas this year and I need new inspiration. I know, it's kind of early for Christmas, but when you have ten million people to get gifts for, you need 11 months to prepare...
I had an unplanned trip to Burlington yesterday, so while waiting for a store to open, I went and fed my addiction. I was very pleased to find chalk pencils for marking on dark fabric...it may not seem exciting, but to me, it is.
Estella right now is worming her way across the dining room floor with her Little People car saying "vroom" and "bye-bye". She started in the living room and then spent some time under my chair. Then she spent a little time under the table in the corner and is now laying on the door mat rolling the car back and forth in front of the door. This could quite possibly be the longest she's ever entertained herself. And on top of that, I won't need to sweep for a while!
It hasn't really warmed up much during the last couple of days. It's been very cold...the kind of cold where you don't leave the house if you don't have to...-31 degrees yesterday morning and a toasty -16 this morning...lots of tea and layers!

No comments: