Sunday, April 26, 2009

adding some color

Estella and I have new shoes! I haven't had a new pair of sneakers since my honeymoon and Estella has outgrown her little pink Converse, so we both have new, bright, colorful sneakers.
I'm sorry to say that I missed most of yesterday, and I'm really bummed because it was so gorgeous out. I tried to be outside for a bit in the morning, but I ended up inside until the afternoon...I had a killer migraine. I get them fairly often, as most of you know, but I consider most of them to be functional migraines, but yesterday my head had a different plan for me. So, I spent the majority of that wonderful day inside on the couch, in bed, or with a bag of frozen food on my head. I hope the rest of you were able to enjoy it more than me! Luckily Walter was around so he and Estella were able to spend the whole day outside playing and working.

And of course, today it's kind of chilly and rainy...so we went to the natural food store and got some food for lunch,
And I went and got some flowers to plant around the front porch...a bit of badly needed color around the house.
We've been getting a fair amount of outside work done in the last week, and things are starting to feel more like ours...and we still have the whole summer ahead!

I can't believe Walter only has three more weeks to go! We are busy getting ready to wrap up the year...he's busy with school work and me with craft and house work. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the amount of things I have to do, but I'm trying to get at least one thing done a day and hopefully by the time Graduation rolls around we'll be ready to leave. I'm figuring that if it's stressful getting to vacation then maybe the vacation itself will be really relaxing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is that picture of your shoes! I love the feeling of new shoes. And the flowers...is it warm enough to put them out? Hope so.

Thanks again for the time you put in on your fabulous blog. I tell you, they can really make my day.

Anonymous said...

How cute is that picture of your shoes! I love the feeling of new shoes. And the flowers...is it warm enough to put them out? Hope so.

Thanks again for the time you put in on your fabulous blog. I tell you, they can really make my day.flibun

Mama Ash Grove said...

Cute colorful shoes! I love the round toed look of the baby converse. Once they get into older kid sizes they aren´t as cute- Ella and Ollie each have a pair.
Are those vans youŕe wearing? That takes me back! I miss my old blue ones from high school. wonder where they went.