Friday, October 17, 2008

We took a little time the other day to go pumpkin hunting. Usually there's a beautiful sea of orange, however this year there seemed to be more green than orange...maybe all that rain? Still really pretty though.
Estella found one of the only pumpkins that she was able to pick up...almost all green. It was very cute this year to see her wandering around the piles of pumpkins. Last year we had to prop her up in between two pumpkins to get her to stand for a picture. I'm sure by next year, she'll be requiring a pumpkin with the intention of actually carving it...
I'm done with the quilting part of Estella's quilt. I passed on buying a walking foot, as was suggested in the book, and did it all on my machine with my normal foot. I stitched in the ditch or trench or whatever they call it and also did the diagonal lines to make Xs across the squares. I've said it before...I'm not a quilter...the lines look like a drunk person was driving the sewing machine. Still, I like it, and I feel quite pleased with the outcome so far. I have all of the binding sewn into one big giant strip and all I need to do is spend a million hours attaching it...that's a project for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That quilt is beautiful!