Thursday, June 26, 2008

You'd recognize me...

Before I left I said that hopefully I'd be so tan and relaxed you wouldn't even recognize me...trust me, you'd recognize me.
I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the break or the vacation because I most certainly am. I'm just not very tan or relaxed. I was able to fry myself in the sun like ol'times, but only for a short time while Walter took Estella for a walk.

And as far as the relaxation goes...absolutely didn't happen. The day we left for Maine, Estella broke out in some sort of hive/allergic reaction horrible looking polka dot effect and it only worsened over the next couple of days, finally resulting in an adolescent acne type complexion all over her body. Needless to say, she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow. The skin part is getting better but she has traded the skin for a nasty sounding cough. Any of you who know me well will understand that relaxation was not possible when there was anything medical going on...especially skin problems.

Then today, just before heading out for the trip home, Walter dove into the ocean...with his glasses on. They are now sleeping with the fishes, and in he's in Burlington getting an eye exam and new glasses. And, since he's blind as a bat, his prescription is about a million dollars...now don't I sound relaxed?!

On a different note....I tried to find some inspiration while away. I've been feeling a little on the stranded side and was in search of something new and different that I may use as a jumping off point...
Sand trees as I will call them...nature is very cool!
And park benches are cool, too...
As are carousels...
And of course my little beach baby! She really had a great time in the sand and surf and only managed to eat a small amount of sand...check out some more pics of our vacation and a couple of Walter's graduation. And thanks for listening to my whining...I'm sure all of you parents have some vacation horror stories that make mine look like a day at the spa...

No comments: