Sunday, April 20, 2008

busy, busy, busy

I haven't really done much with the Made In Vermont Etsy Team but this months challenge is to create a piece inspired by the Vermont state insect. It was sort of right up my alley so I'll give it a whirl...pretty obvious what it is, huh?
Today I started the curtains for Estella's new room. This is probably the most domestic project I've tried. I don't tend to go for the quilting and curtains and really tend to avoid most clothing. I have such a hard time taking my time and keeping lines straight and sewing hems and making things come out looking right. I think what it comes down to is that I don't have the patience for long seams. It's funny that I can't deal with making curtains but I can take the time to line the pockets on a doll dress. Go figure.

Well, whining aside, I have finished the tabs and the bottom hems. All I need to do is sew the lining to the front and hang them! At least she only has one window in her room!
Yesterday was a gorgeous day..sunny with a slight breeze. Estella had her first real experience with being outside in the grass. Last summer she was too small to really play outside, but I think that this year she will be spending lots of time in the new back yard. She seemed to really enjoy being outside and running around. I just have to hope she doesn't like to be out in the snow too. She's on her own if that happens!

No comments: