Saturday, March 22, 2008

chunk-a-chunk-a-chunk-a

in case you can't tell, that's (the title's) me as a train chugging along on my projects. I would have written "chug-a-chug-a..." but in the book I'm reading right now, it's written "chunk-a-chunk-a-chunk-a." My whole idea of the sound a train makes has been completely blown away.

I'm moving along on my Fritters. The body materials have been sewn (sewed?) together and the faces are on. I tried some new face shapes, and some old ones too. Moving along...

We went to a little cutie's 1st Birthday party today. It was nice to socialize a little. Unfortunately we had to leave before present time so I didn't get to see how my gift was received...boohoo. Walter did receive a call from the dad saying that they were all thrilled with it! I guess all of my work was appreciated...that makes me feel good. It's so hard to know how people are going to respond to home made gifts...I've had mixed responses. I think every crafter has had mixed reviews when giving homemade gifts. Everyone in my life better get used to it because I would really like to take the Buy Handmade Pledge next holiday season.

Other than that, I'm dealing with trying to rent out the house...let's just say, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! It is so much more of a pain in the butt than I had anticipated...at least it should all be over soon! And, Walter's car broke down on the highway on Friday. It literally turned off while he was driving, and he had to be towed to the dealership, who can't look at it until Monday. So, again, let's just say, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Oh well, I'm just going to stick with the idea that IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OKAY...right?

No comments: